Close to the Vatican
- The most popular tourist attraction in Rome is the Vatican with over 5 million people visiting per year. This is understandable when one experiences the beauty, art, sculptures and ancient history of the Basilica of St Peter where St Peter is buried, the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel. The richness of beauty and culture can be overwhelming at first with masterpieces of Michelangelo, Bernini, Raphael and more before your eyes, the centuries of history beneath your feet and the atmosphere of the breadth of the Catholic faith all around you.
Guests to the Residenzadei Gracchi guest house have all of this on your doorstep. Located in Prati (the area that grew up and developed around the Vatican), guests are in an up-market and elegant neighbourhood home to a host of restaurants, bistros, wine bars, and shopping boutiques. The Basilica and Vatican Museums in addition to Castel Sant’Angelo are just a short walk away from you and just a little further one can find the medieval district of Trastevere.
Although one can also walk to other tourist attractions such as Piazza del Popolo, Villa Borghese, the Spanish Steps and Campo de’ Fiori, guests will be pleased to hear that we are also just a short walk from the A-line underground metro stations. This means that within minutes, guests can be transported all around Rome to the main tourist attractions with the minimum of hassle and time.
Take a look at our map to see just how well located we are or glance at the list of attractions below for more information. Visit our Rooms & Services page and Photo Gallery page to also understand how relaxing and great value for money our rooms are and once completely satisfied, use our online booking system to book a place today whilst you still can!
• Ottaviano Metro Station
• Basilica of St Peter
• Vatican Museums
• Sistine Chapel
• Castel Sant’Angelo
• Shopping boutiques of Prati especially Via Cola di Rienzo
• Restaurants, bars and cafes of Prati
By Underground Metro
• Piazza del Popolo and Villa Borghese (2 stops from Ottaviano)
• Spanish Steps and the designer shops (3 stops from Ottaviano)
• The Trevi Fountain (4 stops from Ottaviano)
• The Opera House and Piazza Repubblica(5 stops from Ottaviano)
• Termini Station with direct links to the city’s two main airports(6 stops from Ottaviano)
• Basilica of St Maria Maggiore(7 stops from Ottaviano)
• Coliseum and Imperial Roman Forum (8 stops from Ottaviano changing at Termini)
• Basilica of St John Lateran and the Holy Steps (9 stops from Ottaviano)